When do students go back to school in your country? I was in Finland this summer and by August 22nd classes had already started. Students in Barcelona (aged 3 to 17) start holidays on June 22nd and they don’t go back to school until September 12th. Maybe in the past there was a reason for this calendar (“the first weeks of september are too hot to be in school”) and families could manage it (women did not work and could take care of their kids). But at present such long holidays are a problem to many couples with kids and it is grandparents who take care of their grandsons. In my opinion, primary and high schools schools should start classes on September the 1st. Two months of holidays should be more than enough both to pupils and to teachers. And it would be a way for schools to adapt to modern lifestyle.
Posts més recents
Post per temes
- ¿A qué ciclistas multar en Barcelona? en
- Barcelona / L’edifici del carrer Aragó 174-180, un gratacels de 21 plantes ¿Algú sap qui el va construir? en
- Rosa Regàs a ‘Amics per sempre’: “Durant la dècada de 1960 alguna cosa profunda va canviar en les nostres vides” en
- Botigues / Les espardenyes de “La Casa de les sabatilles” van a 49,50 € el parell en
- Benito Oliver-Rodés (1929-2017). Farmacèutic: el senyor de les aigües en